LinkedIn has today (14th April 2014) announced the retirement of the products and services tab from company pages.
They say “We’re constantly evaluating how features are being used and exploring new ways to enhance the content experience on LinkedIn. We do this to ensure that we’re creating a platform where companies can deliver timely, engaging content to our members. Sometimes, this means we need to remove a feature to focus on areas of the product that most benefit both companies and our members.”
And they say that if you have recommendations for your products and services then their customer service team will be happy to help save them.
You have two alternatives for sharing products and services content that many companies are already using and benefitting from: your company’s updates and Showcase Pages.
Here are three reasons to use your company updates for your products and/or services content:
- Updates appear on your Company Page and in your followers’ feeds on every device – plus, when followers interact with your updates, your content is shared with their connections, helping your message spread further, faster.
- Company updates let you share compelling visual content, including videos that play directly in the feed, and direct members to customized landing pages rather than a one-size-fits-all destination.
- The real-time nature of updates makes them perfect for sharing news about your offerings, so your content feels relevant and timely.
Here are three reasons to use a Showcase Page for your product and/or service content:
- Showcase Pages were built for exactly this purpose – to let you highlight a particular brand or product line.
- They make it easy to build a dedicated community on LinkedIn and start an ongoing conversation about that product or brand.
- Showcase Page followers know to expect news about your product or service – in fact, they’re looking forward to it! And since Showcase Page updates work just like company updates, they offer all of the benefits detailed above.
Plus, members can easily find your Showcase Page through search and your Company Page.
Major brands like Microsoft and Prudential Financial are already using dedicated Showcase Pages to highlight prominent products and services like Office and The Prudential Challenge Lab. You can see some of LinkedIn’s own examples to at LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn Talent Solutions, and LinkedIn Sales Solutions.
Get in touch if you would like to explore making LinkedIn work harder for your business.